Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Is the world ready for a little mosque on the prairie?

Well it's about time, little mosque on the prairie, is a Canadian, yes Canadian, sitcom about a small Muslim community living in a rural Canadian town. I watched a couple of episodes so far, I give it thumbs up. It tackles many issues that contemporary Muslim communities face in western countries. It's smart, witty and funny to watch.

And to answer the above question, I frankly think it will get a lot of criticism from my world, it will be labeled as a bad representation of Islam. However anyone interested to know how western Muslims live should watch this show; it really touches issues that have never been touched so openly on mass television.

6 comments:

Ms. Sarah said...

Akheeeran somebody posted about this! Thank you thank you :D

I would've posted about it if my uncle would just give me the episodes he has lol

dishevelled said...

Sounds interesting!
I'll start dling it. Thanks =)

Nooni said...

to be honest.. from this show and many other talk shows about hijab and Muslims in Canada, i feel safe and the people are more acceptable of Muslims and the brown color more than ever.

It actually made me happy in canada.

error said...

swair
Your welcome, you can watch it on youtube.

dish
Your welcome!

Judy
that’s what those talks shows are supposed to do, fill in the gap! I'm happy that you're feeling safe.

Elijah said...

And he's alive!

Seems interesting and funny will download a few to see the rest.

error said...

I am..I am!!